ECW—What is It?
by Rita Mills
Episcopal Church Women of St. Paul’s—an organization for every woman in our church (and any other women friends you would like to invite as your guests).
What does ECW do at St. Paul’s? Oh, so many things:
• We sponsor the St. Nicholas Faire. Learn more about the Faire as the days grow near. Ask others about the fun: the theme baskets, the many craft booths, the irresistible baked goods and jams and jellies…oh, yes, and the red and white wine with sweet delights!
• ECW at St. Paul’s has been and will continue to be very generous with funds earned by various events we sponsor. What do we do with our earnings? The Theme Baskets have earned about $2000 each of the last two years and all of this is donated to The Children’s Center of Clackamas County.
• In addition to the above donation, we were able to place the resuscitator here in our church; we donated to St. Paul’s Place, Back Pack Buddies, and…
• For Mother’s Day we sponsor a Ladies’ Tea—a bit of fancy with a delightful buffet and entertainment.
• We begin our regular meetings visiting while enjoying delicious salads, hot dishes and desserts created by attendees of each meeting.
There’s more…join us and find out.These are relaxed, informal meetings. We would like to have YOU come and join us at our next meeting. The meetings are held quarterly (on the second Saturday of January, April, July, and October). Meetings are announced on the church calendar and the weekly bulletin. Please also plan to join us at St. Nicholas Faire, coming Friday and Saturday, December 5 and 6.